Lion brings external display to show stuff crappy

Reaction score
Hi Folks.

Updated to Lion few days ago and have to say I'm feeling comfortable with it. One bad thing changed from Snow Leopard to Lion. I have on my iMac 27" an additional external display (BenQ 23" FullHD) which renders content really worse now (though in full HD resolution still).

Fonts are looking crappy, images too, ...

Does anyone have the same problem or even a solution hint?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry if my search tries didnt manage to find an already existing thread.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have on my iMac 27" an additional external display (BenQ 23" FullHD) which renders content really worse now (though in full HD resolution still).

Fonts are looking crappy, images too, ...

Does anyone have the same problem or even a solution hint?

A strong possibly is that the BenQ external monitor is not set at it's native resolution.

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi Nick,

thanks for your fast reply.

The external BenQ is set to its native resolution. I don't have the usual pixel smoothing related to non-native resolutions.

I dont know how to explain 100%, the fonts and edges are very rough. It even looks like it doesnt do full color spec, that might be the reason that fonts and edges are looking rough, as there are not enough colors to do anti-aliasing as its best.

Bregards
Thorsten

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.