Want to transfer a note from ipad to macbook

Reaction score
Hello everyone-
I'm new to the iPad 2 and am still trying to figure somethings out. After a lot of tinkering and a great deal of perusing sites, I haven't found an answer to what should be a simple task. I would like to transfer a note I wrote on my iPad to my macbook. This way I could also transfer it to my iPod. Oddly enough, I can transfer from my macbook to my iPad via iTunes but not to the reverse. Does anyone have any suggestions other than emailing myself the note?
Thanks!
ejy110

OP
E
Reaction score
It's that yellow note pad that comes with the iPad. As far as I know, it's just called "notes". I haven't downloaded any other note apps.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
It's in the preferences for your iPad. When you plug your iPad into your Mac, open iTunes and go to the "Info" tab in the main window. That shows the content of your iPad and also syncing preferences for that media type (music, apps, info, etc.).
iTunes has to be told to sync notes from your iPad to your Mac. Then when you plug in your iPod, go through the same procedure to tell iTunes to sync notes from your Mac to your iPod.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you. However, that's where I'm running into an issue. It says it will replace notes, calendar, contacts, etc on my iPad from those on my Mac but I want it to do the opposite. That doesn't seem to be an option under info on iTunes. I'm logging onto iTunes on the Mac because this doesn't seem to be available on the iPad. Not sure what I'm missing here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Thank you. However, that's where I'm running into an issue. It says it will replace notes, calendar, contacts, etc on my iPad from those on my Mac but I want it to do the opposite. That doesn't seem to be an option under info on iTunes. I'm logging onto iTunes on the Mac because this doesn't seem to be available on the iPad. Not sure what I'm missing here.

Not under "Advanced". Under "Other".

Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 10.53.19 AM.png

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If you are using Mail on your MacBook your notes are probably being synched by default into one of your mailbox folders (mine are).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.