OS X Lion Mail problem

Reaction score
I am trying to delete a Lycos mail account I tried to add on earlier but for some reason it won't delete. I added it on manually. It is offline and there is an exclamation mark inside a triangle inside a circle next to it.

I would like to get rid of this. Any help?

C

chas_m

Can you describe the steps you took to delete the account? For me, highlighting the name of the account in the left-hand window under "Accounts" in Mail's preferences and clicking the minus key below that list works great.

OP
T
Reaction score
To get rid of the email account I right clicked it and when to Edit "account name." Under accounts I went to the advanced tab and unchecked enable this account. After this it wasn't present in the left-hand window but nonetheless the account was still listed under accounts.

Thanks for the minus sign tip though. That got rid of it. I am still a noob on mac after making the transition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.