Clamshell with remote mouse app

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
Is it possible to run my mac book in clamshell mode using the remote mouse app? (I have the mac book hooked up to my 50" plasma.)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. The iOS and Apps forum is just that - for the mobile operating systems and their apps.

OP
FuzzyStorm14
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
Moved to correct forum. The iOS and Apps forum is just that - for the mobile operating systems and their apps.

Klkl, But its not really the app thts causing the issue for me, i cant get OS X to stop going into sleep mode when i close the laptop? :\

Ne Tips?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
2 things you can do.

First, download an app like Caffeine to keep your Mac awake even when the lid is closed. Do not activate the features in Caffeine when moving your Mac around because of risk of damage to the HDD. If you go this route, you gotta remember to disable Caffeine when carrying your Mac around and when transporting it.

OR

Second, purchase a wireless mouse to wake your Mac up out of sleep. This is what I use and for my MBP, I have found it's best to wait a good 5-10 seconds after I close the lid to wake it up again or else it doesn't want to wake up for some reason. My Logitech wireless mouse was about $15 at Best Buy. After you've used the wireless mouse to wake your Mac up, you can continue using your remote mouse app to operate it.

OP
FuzzyStorm14
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sweet, I reckon i'll go for the second option. dont wanna risk damagin the HDD.

Cheers man! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.