Can't boot from another startup disk since OSX Lion install

Reaction score
Recovery Discs

Ok, I had success. I was trying to reinstall SL with a copy I purchased but it never worked. I then found a set of discs that came with my Mini, which was SL but the disks looked different.

Anyways, I used the discs that came with my machine and everything went well, I was able to boot to the disc, format the drive and reinstall SL!

Im so happy to have SL back, Lion was a train wreck for me.

ps. now that I know only the discs that came with our computers will work for a recovery I highly recommend making duplicates since they will be impossible to find replacements incase of damage.

Actually, you can order your machine-specific recovery discs for any Mac that was released with SL or below (they don't make them for Lion) directly from Apple. I believe it was $16.00 +tax per disk the last time I ordered a set. Just call Apple and after they give you the Applecare spiel, just tell them you need to order recovery disks and they'll pass you off to sales.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.