Safari loads last page visited...

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sure that this is something terribly easy that is going to terribly embarrass me by not figuring it out on my own, but here goes...

With the new version of safari, it automatically opens any pages that I had open when I quit safari. I need it to not do that. Where is the preference that turns that off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Just from reading threads on Lion and Safari, I know the answer: it's in System Preferences, not just in Safari Preferences. You can find other threads on the topic using the Search feature. There's a glut of duplicate topics right now with the release of Lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's under General. Uncheck "Restore windows" and there you go. Just be aware that this impacts everything, not just Safari.

General.png

The other option is just to close the Safari window before you quit the app.

OP
I
Reaction score
The other option is just to close the Safari window before you quit the app.

I know...that's the OBVIOUS. Unfortunately, the 'obvious' hasn't always worked out so well for me! :p

Reaction score
For some reason that I can't fathom, when you shut down your Mac, there is also a tick box on the shut down dialogue pop up which affects this behaviour.

Weird or what!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.