Safari Top Sites won't accept drag'n'drop

Reaction score
I have Safari 5.0.5 and Snow Leopard. I can't add new sites to the Top Sites page. (Yes, I have clicked the edit button first)

I know that in theory, it should be possible to just drag'n'drop the address from another Safari window, or even from another application. Doesn't work for me. The address just vanishes into the mist.

I have managed to add new pages to Top Sites in the past, but as I recall, I had to hold my tongue a special way, and I can't remember what I did.

I doubt that I have made any changes to Safari, as I use it as a supplement to Firefox, so have not fiddled with it.

Is there some other way to add an address to Top Sites, other than just waiting for it to percolate to the top through regular use?

Is there any reason why the drag'n'drop isn't working?

OP
K
Reaction score
I just had another go (for the umpteenth time over a few hours).

This time it worked. What changed in the meantime? God knows, and he ain't telling :)

C

chas_m

I have always dragged in the favicon (the little tiny icon in front of the URL) rather than the URL itself. Maybe that's the difference.

Just call me God. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.