Opening .pdf files

Reaction score
Apple has left no recourse but to download the Safari Update 5.1 for OS 10.6.8

I bought some downloads from a site other than Apple. When trying to read them with either Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro I get the Quicktime Logo and only the front page of each pdf.

I keep Leopard on a separate hard disc with Safari 5.0

I downloaded my pdf files on Leopard hard drive and saved them to the Sno-Leopard, I could then open and read them with Reader and/or Acrobat.

Anyone else had any of this type of problem? I suppose I am going to get the pat answer, "That company will need to update their coding.":Evil:

ferg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
Not sure if that is a Safari issue or not but 5.1 in my opinion is a much superior browser than 5.0 so it may be a good thing for you.

Pat

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure what your problem is. You certainly should be able to read PDF files with all that fire power for PDF that you have. I do know, however, that it's not a Safari problem. Maybe all that juggling around from Leopard to Snow Leopard has caused corruption or the files you downloaded are corrupt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.