Recommend Program for managing day to day finances?

Reaction score
Hey,

Im wondering can anyone recommend some software for managing my day to day finances. I don't want to spend too much as its just for basic stuff i.e Tracking my loans/Credit cars expenditure etc.

Im running panther so I'll need something thats compatible with that.

Thanks

Shane

S

supenguin

Quicken

I use Quicken. I've used Moneydance in the past. A little cheaper and simpler. I'm not sure how much you are keeping track of. Either of those may be more complicated than what you are looking for. Another idea...

I have a friend who uses ical to keep track of when his bills are due, and a spreadsheet of how much he currently has in checking. Your Mac may have come with Appleworks. If not you should be able to use NeoOffice:

http://www.neooffice.org/

It sure beats Microsoft Office when it comes to price. ITS FREE! I must warn you, it is a monster download. A little over 100 MB if I'm not mistaken.

-Kenny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah Quicken would probably be your best bet. It will do everything you need and allow you to grow before needing to buy something different.

S

sursuciofla

iRock said:
Hey,

Im wondering can anyone recommend some software for managing my day to day finances. I don't want to spend too much as its just for basic stuff i.e Tracking my loans/Credit cars expenditure etc.

Im running panther so I'll need something thats compatible with that.

Thanks

Shane

iBooks come with Quicken if you have one or plan to get one.

OP
I
Reaction score
Eh, I dont think so....... I have a G4 iBook that I bought just after xmas and no quicken with it! Should I have it.... Or maybe im entitled to it??

S

sursuciofla

iRock said:
Eh, I dont think so....... I have a G4 iBook that I bought just after xmas and no quicken with it! Should I have it.... Or maybe im entitled to it??

I bought mine late January so not too far after yours. It should be in your Apps as part of the preloaded bundle. If not then check your OS install disc 1. It should be in the software section.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.