disheartening FREEZE New iMac

Reaction score
well i have a 27" i5 2.7 iMac for about 3 days now and today it finally froze completely. I had iTunes safari and another program open listening to music. then when i went to switch back to iTunes it froze with a spinning beach ball thing. the music kept playing but the track time froze. and the mouse moved flawlessly with the ball spinning too. attached a picture of my temps right after i plugged it in and started it. the computer has no lag whatsoever. its such a beautiful fast quiet computer and this really brought me down:'(. maybe this has to do with the new lion i installed? i shouldn't have updated so quickly.:Grimmace:

sorry. i don't know how to resize images

Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 5.35.34 PM.png

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
After updating to Lion, did you run Software Update from the Apple menu to get the latest iTunes by chance?

OP
I
Reaction score
yes i did everything is up to date. i noticed that my fan speeds don't really change no matter what the temps of my iMac are. and how are those temps when doing what i described in my op?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your temps and fan speeds are normal for an iMac. Your hardware is OK. It's likely a software glitch. If it happens again, go to your logs and copy/paste the error here for us to look at. You can access your logs this way:

Click on the Apple in the upper left corner, -> more info, -> system report. Scroll on down to "Logs". Click on logs and find the error log.

OP
I
Reaction score
thats the exact thing i thought. there working out the kinks. as long as its not hardware so i don't have to move this heavy thing.

OP
I
Reaction score
well it happened again. but the log is too big to post. how else can i post it?
and also which error log is it? i think its file system repair log. but I'm not sure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.