Partition Help!!

Reaction score
A long time ago i partitioned my drive so i could run windows and all that jazz. Well now i just want the Mac OS. So im trying to repartition my drive and i deleted the other partition but when i go to expand my current one all the way out it says "partition failed could not modify partition map because filesystem verification failed"
Anyway to fix this problem?
Thank you so much
PFC Gabbert

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you delete the Windows partition? Did you use Disk Utility rather than the correct way of removing it with the Boot Camp assistant?

OP
H
Reaction score
Yes i did. At the time i was a beginner and i was just playing around. But now im stuck!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, that's what I suspected, common mistake, don't worry about it. Let's try this first: Reset the PRAM and then try to run Disk Utility again to expand the partition.

If that doesn't work, backup all your data (use Time Machine or whatever method of backup you have), and erase, format, and reinstall OS X and all your apps. Lots of work but it may be necessary to get things back in order. Try the PRAM reset first though.

OP
H
Reaction score
awesome i will. i was afraid id have to format the drive and do all that again. thank you so much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.