Question for users of BetterSnapTool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 MBP i5 2.3GHz 13" 8Gb Ram 120Gb SSD
Just downloaded BetterSnapTool from the App Store. Have been playing around with it some and so far am very disappointed.

I'm a long-time Windows user and first time Mac user. I love the snap capability in Windows 7 and was hoping to get the same functionality from BetterSnapTool. When I use snap in Windows, the app takes up half the screen and is centered within it's space. If I snap a second app in Windows to the other side it does the same thing - takes up the other half the screen and is centered within it's space. When I do the same thing with BetterSnapTool, the two apps are NOT centered within their respective halves of the screen and, in fact, the apps overlap. Basically, I may as well just rearrange and resize the windows manually.

Is BetterSnapTool just a poor emulation of the Windows snap capability or am I doing something wrong (by the way, I've played some with the Settings and still can't seem to get the functionality I expected).

Have I wasted my $1.99?

Reaction score
Some of the Apps overlap; why not use the keyboard commands and resize them after slapping them to the side? But it's only 2 bucks; if you don't like it, that sucks.

There aren't any refunds on applications though.... I saw an article on it a long time ago (how to refund something) but I think it took a lot of work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.