iPad won't connect to internet via AirPort WiFi...

Reaction score
We've got an Airport Extreme that takes care of our wireless duties for our 16GB WiFi iPad, MacBook, and 2 iPhone 4s.

Since we've had the iPad, we've had no issues whatsoever. Then suddenly yesterday, it stops connecting to the internet "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet".

Absolutely NOTHING has changed...and all our iPhones and the MacBook are connecting flawlessly and able to access the internet.

So I check out the network settings and compare them to the iPhone. Here's what it shows...

IP Address is DHCP
IP Address is nnn.nnn.nn.nnn (not gonna show you the actual #s!)
Subnet Mask is nnn.nnn.n.n
Router is blank
DNS is blank
Search Domains is blank
Client ID is blank

Compare the above to my iPhone, which shows a router address, as well as 2 different DNS addresses.

Can anyone assist? As I said, it's worked perfectly fine up until the other day - and we haven't changed any settings, etc.

Thanks much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
If router/DNS is blank you cannot access the internet. have you tried manually putting those numbers in or ask to join other network find yours click on it and it should prompt for password. Also if you are using WEP encryption that will cause issues with anything made in the last couple of years WPA2 works better all around.

OP
S
Reaction score
If router/DNS is blank you cannot access the internet. have you tried manually putting those numbers in or ask to join other network find yours click on it and it should prompt for password. Also if you are using WEP encryption that will cause issues with anything made in the last couple of years WPA2 works better all around.

I can't enter anything into the router / DNS areas manually. I've "forgotten" the network, then found it and re-added it with password...and still nothing. Using WPA2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Is this on 5Ghz or 2.4 Ghz I noticed mine works on 2.4 and has trouble with 5.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.