App Compatibility with OS X Lion 10.7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
My only issue so far has been with BBC iPlayer - so this might effect UK users only.

BBC iPLayer opens but displays no main window - I had to delete the iPlayer prefs file and then all worked fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
My Dad is gonna have a huge problem once all his Appleworks Databases refuse to open… he has been warned :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
So it's here..

Installing Office 2008 IS possible in Lion, despite Rosetta's absence. How? Simple, don't use the GUI. Use installer (the CLI program) instead.

sudo installer -package /Volumes/Office\ 2008/Office\ Installer.mpkg -target /

Tested and works. Office update works as well. All applications launch, I have not tested anything beyond this at this point.

Reaction score
Issues with audio with Lion

I am having issues with audio controls. Blog said till fix comes to plug in headphone and remove .. this restores audio control in Macbook Pro ..needs to be done each time you restart ... BUT with cinema display .. sound reverts to computer and only briefly comes from display after you set it through settings .. any resolutions?

Reaction score
PowerPC Apps?

I am such an idiot. I foolishly just downloaded Lion and installed it without doing a back-up first. I know, crazy right? Now 1 of my apps doesn't work. This app is called barfly and it is basically for transcribing music on a Mac. It is the best app of its kind for the mac, although pretty basic and now I can't use it. I can't even go back in time to go back to Leopard. What are my options now? Can I back everything up that I need and then do a clean install of OS X 10.6? Or can I partition my hard drive to run both OS X 10.6 and 10.7? If so, can I partition from Lion without losing everything, or would I have to wipe everything clean to do a partition? I am a complete idiot. I know.

Reaction score
Audio issues with Lion OSX

I have downloaded the update 10.7.1 but the issue of no sound through the Display continues. When the Display is selected it plays briefly then resets to the Laptop speakers. I have no longer have a music system.:(

Reaction score
Mac OSX Lion 10.7 sound install glitch

I have downloaded the update 10.7.1 but the issue of no sound through the Display continues. When the Display is selected it plays briefly then resets to the Laptop speakers. I have no longer have a music system.:(

I have recently acquired an iMac with Mac OSX Lion 10.7 installed. Often, when I switch on, the sound system does not install. If I restart it will then install. I am new to Macs. What's the fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
What happened to to the Mac App compatibility table at Roaringapps.com? It seems to be empty now....

Reaction score
Big Bang Chess.....

Greetings

A relative bought me a new, shiny, iMac operating on Lion, of course, a couple of weeks ago. Migrated from my previous machine (running SL). All went swimmingly. (for American readers, it means that it went well).

Excitement for me is an occasional battle over the BB chess board, I have played quite often on this shiny bit of gear.

Last night, I though I'd try the email option - sending the game to a pal, and Big Bang Chess crashed on me. A number of times....

Today, a message comes up saying that the program 'gnu chess' is a PowerPC one and is not supported.

Investigation on the web suggests that BB Chess actually won't work on Lion. Yet it did. How weird is that?

It seems that Freeverse have lost interest in it. Does anyone have a recommendation as a replacement for it, please?

Cheers Mitcherooney

PS And if anyone can shed light on why it did work before and not now, I'd be interested.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.