Powerbook 80GB or 60GB plus ext drive????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook 800 Mhz 640SDRAM 30GB
I am going to buy a refurd Pbook from Apple. My question is, would it be better to get all the HD space I need in the Pbook (it is my only computer) or save the $200 and get a 60Gb one and then just get one of those cute mobile drives which would cost $55 for 50GB,??

How easy is it to run say iPhoto from the external drive and have your library there directly as opossed to on the Pbook?? I have an iBook right now and my ONLY qualm with it is the miserly hD space (30GB), wondering if I will regret not haveing the space on board as my current ext drive is a bit big and a pain to lug about with me......

Thanks guys...oh also is buying refurb products hassle free? anyone have any bad experiences??

M

menace3054

if i was in your shoes, i would much rather have the extra hd space built in. The external drives work amazingly, but then you would have to carry it around places. I personally would like as much hd space as possible built in, and then an external for things which i dont always need to be with me and the laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I agree.. I would rather have the extra space built in and not something that I have to carry around with me.. If I need more later.. then I would get a drive, but not before then.

S

sursuciofla

Chris Hooson said:
I am going to buy a refurd Pbook from Apple. My question is, would it be better to get all the HD space I need in the Pbook (it is my only computer) or save the $200 and get a 60Gb one and then just get one of those cute mobile drives which would cost $55 for 50GB,??

How easy is it to run say iPhoto from the external drive and have your library there directly as opossed to on the Pbook?? I have an iBook right now and my ONLY qualm with it is the miserly hD space (30GB), wondering if I will regret not haveing the space on board as my current ext drive is a bit big and a pain to lug about with me......

Thanks guys...oh also is buying refurb products hassle free? anyone have any bad experiences??

80 gig for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
hard drive

sursuciofla said:
80 gig for sure.

hey

you'll always get someone to disagree on here.

this time its me - if you buy an external you are making a saving
money wise.

plus instead of 80g built in you will have 140 or even 160 in total

you will never need to have all your stuff in one place and if you get one of the newer externals which are really dinky for mobility, your cool anyways.

i think your original idea is good to go.

regards
:doctor:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.