Photo Shop Elements 8 crashes with Lion OS

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am running Lion OS on a 2010 iMac 12gigs of ram. Now When I run PSE 8 it appears to work properly, but every single time that I quit it, I get a "Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 quit unexpectedly" error box.

Anyone else seeing this..

Thanks
Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
the reports I've seen show PSE8 as running fine. Have you tried to reinstall it? It's worth a shot.

OP
T
Reaction score
No I did not try re-installing it, will give that a shot and report back. Some things are strange with Lion OS, not sure why but my SuperDuper backup disk does not show up anymore when I reboot and hold down the option key. I just see my internal drive and a recovery drive. Not sure what's up with that, I have the latest Super Duper installed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Wipe the SuperDuper external drive and make a complete new backup. Lion treats the SuperDuper clone and the CCC clone differently than Snow Leopard. I had to do the same thing with my CCC clone backup drive. After the wipe and new clone backup, it was fine and booted OK.

OP
T
Reaction score
I've tried that, made a new super duper backup and at boot time when I hold down the option key, I still don't see the super duper backup drive. All the files appear to be on it, Not sure what else to try.

C

chas_m

I had some trouble making a CCC clone before I upgraded to Lion (ie I was still on Snow Leopard at the time). I checked the log and found that a single corrupted file was causing the clone not to be bootable. Deleted the corrupted (unimportant) file, cloned again, everything worked great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
CS5 needed the Lion Java update..... I wonder is Elements does too?

Worth a shot?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.