Font Installation Issue - Font Name Table?

O

oinkydoodle

So I am trying to install a font, and it gets a red circle with an x, instructing me not to install the font because serious problems were found. After opening it up to see what the problem was, the only red x circle was by "font name table", everything else had a check mark next to it. I REALLY want this font. How important is the "font name table" (I don't even know what that is) and should I really not install the font, or would it be ok to do so anyway??

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Reaction score
So I am trying to install a font, and it gets a red circle with an x, instructing me not to install the font because serious problems were found. After opening it up to see what the problem was, the only red x circle was by "font name table", everything else had a check mark next to it. I REALLY want this font. How important is the "font name table" (I don't even know what that is) and should I really not install the font, or would it be ok to do so anyway??

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
The same thing happened to me. I'm kind of disappointed that no one's replied in this topic yet, considering it was posted in 2005.

I was trying to install a font called "Ninja Naruto Font". The .zip drive installed fine and the finder window showed the "readme.txt" and the .ttf file, but when I double-clicked the .ttf and tried to install it, but a font book window came up. It was the font validation thing. And there was a red circle with a white x inside, indicating that "Serious problems were found. Do not use this font."

It would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.