Problem with MBA snow leopard - working good btwn "sleeps" but crashes after shutdown

Reaction score
Hi everyone, a few week ago I bought my wife a MBA, model A1237 (I think is an old one), with a 80 GB Hd (no SSD).

After a few days of working (it's used not brand new), when I shut down the mac and then turned it on again, the spinning circle took forever and never booted up to the osx.

So, i forced the shutdown (hold pressed the button) and booted with the option key, selected the partition on the HD that has the dvd installation of snow leopard, and make a new installation.

It booted up fine, worked ok. I left it sleeping a few days (using it) and then again, after I installed some apps, I had to restart it and another time it never booted up.

I entered the disk utility booting into the dvd partition, but could not repair the disk with this, so again a new installation, what a pain....

This happened once again, so I am becoming an expert at installing snow leopard :p

I thought that maybe the memory modules where failing, so I downloaded memtest and run it at boot, twice, but everything is ok.

I am guessing maybe the HD is bad??
Any suggestions? Where to look for this failure?

Any help appreciated,

Regards
MANILO

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.