Lion Any Good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
I recently bought a mac book and still have snow leopard as the OS. I seen the new update lion and it seems a good price at only £20.99. Only thing is a read a good few reviews saying it was no good because it wont run Microsoft Office. Although i don't use that often, it would be useful to have.

Will they be fixing that anytime soon?

What would be the advice on lion? Is it good or a no go?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
runs office 2011 perfectly fine. 04 isn't an intel app, so it won't run. Neither is the 08 installer.

OP
FuzzyStorm14
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 250GB HDD Iphone 4, Ipod touch
so if i was to get any new versions they would also run ok on it?

whats your opinion on Lion? would you recommend?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
So far, I like it. It's snappy. There are UI things I don't like, but they were all readily fixable (new scrolling method etc). And yep.. the new versions would work fine, Apple ditched PPC legacy code on this release of OS.

Reaction score
absolutely in love with Lion :) it "looks" the same at first glance like Snow Leopard, but it's a lot better and smoother and there's hidden things here and there :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Lion is installed and running just fine on my 2 iMacs. Will be installing it on my Mini and Air probably tomorrow. Only glitch I've found is in 4 finger trackpad setting when also set to 3 finger drag. Have to toggle 4 finger settings back and forth to get it to start working. A minor glitch. Otherwise everything A-OK. Lion seems to be running the OS functions faster. For example Sleep is immediate now whereas it took some time under Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
Lion is amazing in every aspect. You'll love it once you upgrade. There'll be no regrets!

OP
FuzzyStorm14
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks everyone, a think i will go for it, cant go too far wrong for the price ae?

Reaction score
Course not :) In Australia it's on $32 - considering a Windows OS Upgrade costs about $299 here, I think you definitely can't hurt giving it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.