Wireless keyboard and mouse

Reaction score
I've had my iMac for over a year now. I was able to use it fine this morning then put it to sleep, when I returned my iMac wouldn't recognize the mouse or keyboard (wireless). My husband tested all batteries and found they are all like new, but replaced them anyway. I turned the computer off and then on again and still nothing. I can't look at preferences because neither of them (the mouse or keyboard) are recognized to see if anything was changed. Can you offer me any help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have a wired keyboard and mouse handy so you can do some trouble shooting? Just about any USB wired keyboard and mouse should work for the time being. You need to check to see if Blue Tooth is working. You may have to pair the keyboard and mouse again to get it working but first you need to check BT.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks, just hooked up wireless mouse and looked in preferences and I see bluetooth is not there. Now what?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Unfortunately, if neither the keyboard or mouse are being recognized, you might have to find a wired mouse at least and use that to get the pairing process restarted..

OP
S
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share with you that I have blue tooth once again. A SMC reset that I just read about in Macforums elsewhere told me how to do this...

Shut down the computer.
Unplug the computer's power cord.
Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
Release the power button.
Attach the computers power cable.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.

bobtomay posted these instructions to a fellow mac user back in 3/6/2011. Thanks bobtomay.

All is well now...... thank you all for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.