Mouse for MBA

Reaction score
What is your opinion of the MBA's trackpad?

Any recommendation for Bluetooth mouse/trackball?

(I normally use a wireless Logitech Trackball, but it ties up a USB port for its transmitter and is a little bulky.)

As portable as is the MBA not using a mouse might be nice?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
As far as I know the Trackpad in the Air works just like the one on the MacBook Pro and should be first rate. I would rather use an Apple Trackpad over pretty much any mouse. So much you can do without taking your fingers off the trackpad. Amazing device.

Give it a try and you should be very happy with it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks. I will give the pad a try. Trackpads have bothered me in the past because I always seem to rub them when typing and move the cursor and insertion point. Old age thing I guess. Since I want to do a lot of PS & LR which tends to mouse intensive it may not be an issue.

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2011 17 sandybridge
i use a air late 2010 and the trackpad is great !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Thanks. I will give the pad a try. Trackpads have bothered me in the past because I always seem to rub them when typing and move the cursor and insertion point. Old age thing I guess. Since I want to do a lot of PS & LR which tends to mouse intensive it may not be an issue.

Mike
I have this problem on my thinkpad, not on my macbook pro. Donno why. I will tell you I HATE trackpads on windows laptops.. and will use a mouse whenever possible.. but I LOVE them on Macs

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have this problem on my thinkpad, not on my macbook pro. Donno why. I will tell you I HATE trackpads on windows laptops.. and will use a mouse whenever possible.. but I LOVE them on Macs

I have to agree. Every Windows notebook I have used that has had a trackpad was nothing but trouble for me. Not so with a Mac. The Magic Trackpad is an amazing device!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I have to agree. Every Windows notebook I have used that has had a trackpad was nothing but trouble for me. Not so with a Mac. The Magic Trackpad is an amazing device!

Third - I always carried an external mouse for my Windows laptops - now I always use a trackpad with the Mac. I even bought the magic trackpad for using in clamshell mode. I cannot say enough how gestures have changed my usage of a computer. I keep linking to Better touch tool - but this App does wonders as far as configuring the multi-touch trackpad.
Great Tools For Your Mac By Andreas Hegenberg » BetterTouchTool, BetterSnapTool & SecondBar

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.