Magic mouse and magic trackpad

Reaction score
I know this sounds weird, but is it possible to have both enabled at the same time? I have Lion on our macbook and I think it's great so far. I am holding off installing it on our iMac, as some of my software hasn't yet been Lion enabled, and that software needs the accuracy of a mouse, but I would still like access to all the gestures available with the trackpad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
They work together flawlessly. I have both with my iMac, and there is no problem. I mainly use the trackpad, but there are times I need to use the mouse for a bit more precise control. (I actually have 4 pointing devices on the iMac....Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, and a Wacom tablet with mouse and pen. There are no conflicts that I have seen.)

Reaction score
They work together flawlessly. I have both with my iMac, and there is no problem. I mainly use the trackpad, but there are times I need to use the mouse for a bit more precise control. (I actually have 4 pointing devices on the iMac....Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, and a Wacom tablet with mouse and pen. There are no conflicts that I have seen.)
I have upgraded to Lion and have a magic mouse & a bamboo tablet & pen & they seem to have become completely unstable since installing lion. I seem to loose my cursor and cannot open programs. This is the second time I have typed this reply. the first I had no cursor at all and then after some time it has reappeared. Very frustrating. Is there something I can do

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.