Trading in my iPhone

Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone here knew if it was possible to trade in an iPhone to Apple because of it glitching. When I first got it around 2 years ago, it ran smoothly and operated quickly but now it seems like the lag produced when I try to launch an application is getting worse and worse. Sometimes it even shuts off the application after launch, because of the strain I suppose.

I would contact Apple directly with the inquiry but I don't want to be put on hold and I'd rather not drive 25 miles to the nearest store. This just seemed to be the easiest alternative.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would contact Apple directly with the inquiry but I don't want to be put on hold and I'd rather not drive 25 miles to the nearest store. This just seemed to be the easiest alternative.

These sort of problems are handled on a case by case basis. So the only real way to see if you have any repair/replacement/trade-in options is to contact Apple.

Possibly being put on hold or driving 25 miles to the nearest Apple Store may be a heck of a lot easier & less costly than having to buy a whole new iPhone. Also consider that some folks live hundreds of miles from the nearest Apple Store...so 25 miles isn't so bad.;)

Good luck,

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And before you even do all that:

When's the last time you totally powered the phone off and restarted it?

After that try a reset.

After that try a restore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Agreed with Bobtomay, try the software fixes above first.

If you're phone is less than two years old and you have AppleCare, they should replace it if software fixes don't resolve the issue. If you don't have AppleCare and they won't replace it for "glitches," ask them to replace it for poor battery life. A battery replacement, if I recall, on an iPhone runs about $79. "Battery replacement" is actually a whole unit replacement, so for about $80 you get a factory refurbished unit, which will have a 90 day warranty and won't affect your contract.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.