Looking for help correcting printing problem

Reaction score
Greetings:

I joined the forum to seek help with a problem I am having using my G4 with an HP Officejet J5780.

I have had a Mac of one sort or another (two now) in my home since 1993 and have never encountered this problem. This particular mac is running OS X.4.11 and -- though it has been paired with this printer since January of 2008 -- it has suddenly begun to print everything (I mean every type of file or document format) at about 25% of its normal size. The printing is placed in the center of the page, both vertically and horizontally.

I have made numerous searches -- including on the apple and HP sites -- and have found many other reports of this problem but no definitive solutions.

I have updated the software and drivers (twice) and deleted all the com.apple printer files and restarted. I would welcome any step-by-step guidance from anyone who has encountered or resolved this problem.

Instructions should assume that I know nothing in depth because that is indeed the case.

Thanks.

Mr. Stan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.