new user x 1wk & lion

Reaction score
I am new to Mac, always been a pc user, and recently was talked into a Mac desktop. I have been playing a learning. Been getting tons of emails about Mac's Lion os, understand suppose to make it better. been following forum here and that is up in the air as of yet I guess. My questions are:

1. read the upgrade to Lion is free if you purchased mac after June 6, if this is true where do you go to download it? only find site in app store with 29.99 price tag and no mention of the free download.

2. should I download or wait it out for the bugs to clear? being new to a mac, not sure about moving around in the os yet without a doubt it would be hard for me now.

thanks for the inputs, and watching. thanks again. Dennis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz
i think if you are new to it then just go for the upgrade and you will be able to find your way around the os. Because things have are slightly different with lion so i think would be easier if you go straight into that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz
i think you will have to contact apple about that as i think they would have to sort the free download out for you if you have recently purchased a new machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
Do a search for Lion Up To Date. There is a link at the Apple Store that will guide you through the procedure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.