Lion Installations in Multi Mac Households

Reaction score
My daughter has a Mac Power Book and wants to get in on downloading Lion. I'd bought and d/l'd it yesterday and I remember reading in Pogue's column (?) or viewing it on a CNET video that subsequent d/l's are free for all Macs in the house.

How precisely do I partake of a second d/l of Lion?

Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My daughter has a Mac Power Book and wants to get in on downloading Lion.

If your daughter truly has a Powerbook...forget about Lion...Lion will not install on a Powerbook (you need a Macintosh computer with an Intel cpu...and Powerbook's do not have an Intel cpu).

Now if your daughter has a MacBook...that's a different story...but then we would need more info...since Lion requires a Core 2 Duo cpu...and some early MacBooks only had a Core Duo cpu.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Ok, so you should be able to log into the App Store from that computer, using your login, and redownload it. If you haven't installed it yet on the first machine you can create a DVD to install from. I did it on 3 machines last night, all without issue (two macbooks and a macbook pro).

The license states, and I quote:

"to download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one (1) copy of Apple Software directly on each Apple-branded computer running Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server ("Mac Computer") that you own or control"

It also grants license to have up to 2 virtual machines on each Mac.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks again. But once I'm at the App Store what do I do to d/l without having to pay again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

OP
P
Reaction score
It keeps asking for credit card info. No option that I can see to avoid it. Do I go to the App Store or should I approach this differently?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Did you log in with the same account you bought it from? If no, do so. If so, perhaps contact Apple

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.