App Store offers updates of deleted app

Reaction score
I once installed an app from app store called "moxier wallet" just to try out the app store. Removed it with cmd+delete, but now the app store offers me to update this app, and there is a red circle with "1" in it appears on the app store icon in the dock. Tried to update and remove the "moxier wallet" several times, nothing changed. I think the problem is more general and this isssue is not just specifical for the app I'm having trouble with. Very annoying.

This problem was present on Snow Leopard, now I've updated to Lion and it is still present.

I have Macbook Pro from mid 2010.

So how do I get the app store to forget about this app?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz
if you go into applications and you should still see the app in there if you move it to the trash and then close down the app store and open it back up and see if the problem is still there.

OP
D
Reaction score
Oh man, it's exactly the problem. After I delete the app and restart App Store, it shows me that I gotta update this app, while it isn't even installed. When I choose to update, it installs the app. After I delete the app again, the process repeats.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how about if you try and re-install the app and then do the update on it and then remove it from the applications.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hey, I installed the app as I would do it the first time, then deleted it and now everything is fine! Thank you Domb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
now that is something i don't know how to do lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.