macbook, yeah JUST a macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
are they not being produced anymore? my sister would have benefitted for her remaining years of college and after.

WAY too much gusto/$$ with a MBPro.

Not enough memory on the SSD (64GB?) from an Air, she would be semi-able to use a external. This would be the go to now since that aspect is expandable.

Just asking though.
It seems like the 'Macbook's' dumping got lost in the mix with all the releasing of late.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The 13" MBP is only $100 more than the Macbook was and a better machine to boot. I would just pay the $100 and get that if the Airs smallish SSD bugged me.

I wonder if there will be an after market upgrade for the Air's SSD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Note: Moved this thread from the "Off-topic" forum, since we do actually have a forum focused on Apple Notebooks discussion.

Reaction score
are they not being produced anymore? my sister would have benefitted for her remaining years of college and after.
I could be wrong, but I think that the remaining stock has been called-back & is now reserved for education purchases only. Therefore, if she looks on the Apple site via her college's network & goes to the education store they should still be on there; but not for long, as they're no-longer being made, so she'd best hurry...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.