Installing Snow Leopard using disk failed.

Reaction score
My macbook pro was running really slow and also needed to restore a time machine backup, I erased my computer using disk utility using cd at startup and after I ereased and tried to install snow leopard a install failed msg came up.. I have been trying since last night to install snow leopard but can not. I am securely erasing my hard drive using 7 passs erase hoping that this will work but its going to take 6 hrs to complete.. please help anyone!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz
have you tried maybe using an external cd drive if you can get hold of one and see if it will work on that, it could be that the lens has gone weaker on the cd drive. I don't know if this will work but worth a try

Reaction score
A couple of us had this problem in another thread. What you have to do is erase the PRAM but booting the computer while holding cmd+option+p+r, the computer will immediately restart. Boot into your cd again and it should work fine. The secure erase is unnecessary.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.