Safari Tabbed Browsing

Reaction score
Safari on my iPad does not have tabbed browsing so I use an Atomic Browser app. Will I face the same issue with Lion on the new MBA?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Safari on my iPad does not have tabbed browsing so I use an Atomic Browser app. Will I face the same issue with Lion on the new MBA?

No - Safari has tabbed browsing in OS X - or you can use your preferred browser, whatever that might be as long as it's not IE. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", i7 2GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, OS X 10.7.1 - iPhone 3GS
Maybe it is just me, but I found FF (5.0.1) to not support some of the new features in Lion including basic gestures such as the two finger sideways swipe for forward and backward. But, I am a new recent convert was just getting my toes into the water with snow leopard. I'm probably showing how bad I stink of M$ still.

That said, I went back to Safari and setup customized the buttons so I can click/tap instead of command-t to open a new tab. It is closer to FF now (which is similar to the Atomic Browser which I use on my iPhone) and I may just stick with it. Three finger tap for a dictionary lookup is just plain awesome sauce.

OP
M
Reaction score
No - Safari has tabbed browsing in OS X - or you can use your preferred browser, whatever that might be as long as it's not IE. :)

That is great! I worry that my learning curve for both a new device and a new operating system may be a little daunting.

Regards,

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Maybe it is just me, but I found FF (5.0.1) to not support some of the new features in Lion including basic gestures such as the two finger sideways swipe for forward and backward.

I'm sure FF is not completely updated for Lion yet, neither is Chrome. At some point all the little things should work.

C

chas_m

FF 5.0.1 is in conflict with Lion's gestures. They will sort it all out in due course. In the meantime, enjoy Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.