Lion installer boots to Lion Recovery Tool

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem with the Lion installation.
When I go thru the install process via the Lion Installer app, agree to the terms, it does it check then reboots into the recovery tool... When I select installer from the recovery tool I go thru the same process of agreeing to the terms and it does its little check and reboots... so I do it again (since it reboots into the recovery tool)... and so on...

When I reboot into 10.6.8 (by switching the boot disk) and try from the App store download to reinstall the OS I'm told the Installer has been corrupted or tampered with. I've deleted the installer 3 times from my machine and have downloaded it again three times ... all leading to the same problem.

I have check my volume, I'm repaired my volume, I've check the permissions, I've repaired the permissions. What else am I left to do?

I have a Macbook air 11.6 SSD 128GB 2GB RAM.

Thank you
Michael

Reaction score
I am having the same problem of the installer booting into the recovery tool. I'm making a Lion installer DVD now and will try to install off of it. I will post my findings.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure (the both of you) that the download is not corrupt. It's a very large download of almost 4 GB and can easily become corrupt if the connection has problems or is too slow. If your connection is not a good one, go to the nearest Apple store and download it from there.

Reaction score
Samething happend to me but I didn't know it was the Lion Recovery tool
I though it was just some options after finishing the installation, so I closed, restarted and OS 10.6.8 was still running
Going to the Apps store it showed me as already downloaded
So I went to Recent Items, Lion Instaler was listed as one of the items, run it again and it did the installation fine
I'm running Lion now

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. I think what ended up working for me was resetting the PRAM and NVRAM (holding down Command-Option-P-R keys when booting up, before the gray screen appears).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.