Is it worth installing Lion on a late 2007 White Macbook?

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone else using a late 2007 White Macbook had installed Lion as of yet?

One of the big features, Gestures, looks like it won't work on this model so not sure if it's ideal. Just wondered what people's experiences of it in a very short time had been.

Maybe I need to upgrade to an Air (but the wife won't let me!!)

Thanks

Rob

Reaction score
I have a late 2008 macbook and my gestures aren't work and its really, really inconvenient.

This whole thing with full screen apps...makes it really hard to navigate without gestures. Cause it really locks the app to the screen. It would be a lot less hassle if I could manage it with trackpad swipes.

In Chrome, the top menu doesn't always pop down and the browser doesn't always respond to shortcuts and there is no button to unfullscreen so I have to use a shortcut. Looks like I'm going to be forced to use Safari now.

OP
B
Reaction score
Might leave myself at Snow Leopard then. I'm happy with it. Although Lion looks very nice and shiney.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have a late 2008 macbook and my gestures aren't work and its really, really inconvenient.

This whole thing with full screen apps...makes it really hard to navigate without gestures. Cause it really locks the app to the screen. It would be a lot less hassle if I could manage it with trackpad swipes.

In Chrome, the top menu doesn't always pop down and the browser doesn't always respond to shortcuts and there is no button to unfullscreen so I have to use a shortcut. Looks like I'm going to be forced to use Safari now.

Chrome hasn't been updated for Lion, so that's a Chrome problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13-inch Mid 2007 | 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo | 3GB Ram | 250GB Hard Drive | 2nd Hard Drive 80GB
I have it on my 2007 macbook and itsss waayyyy better than SL. i say give it a go. mail app is awesome

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.