Mac Mail on OSX Lion seems broken

Reaction score
Such a basic feature that every mail program I've used, as (k9, thunderbird, outlook, etc....)

My email accounts are IMAP. Google apps and gmail to be exact.

When I reply to an email, mac mail does not put a little arrow next to the message showing that it has been replied to. However, if I reply to that email from thunderbird, then go back to mac mail, the arrow appears.

Why is that? That one small little thing is a make it or break it for me and mac mail. If the little 'replied' arrow does not show up when replying to emails in mac mac, I can't use it.

TC5GY.png

Reaction score
No "replied" arrow on mac mail

I'm having the same problem. The "replied" arrow does not appear after replying to a message. However, it does not occur 100% of the time. Of course it happened to occur on the one email I really need to know if it was sent successfully.

Also sometimes the inbox will appear empty. Only restarting mail will fix it.

I agree this could be a deal breaker with mac mail.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What are your machine specs and version of both OSX and Mail are you running?

I have never had that blank inbox in Mail and been using it since OSX Jaguar 10.2.

I get a replied arrow on the Gmail messages I reply to. Will try it a few more times, but so far every time.

Reaction score
Sys specs

I'm running a Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo. 10.7. Mail version 5.
Thanks for the response, let me know if you see anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.