27" iMac having issues downloading updates

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've got a 27" iMac running 10.6.1 and would love to upgrade to 10.6.8, so my question is, do i have to install updates 10.6.2 - 10.6.7 in order to be able to install 10.6.8?

When i click Software Update everything comes up as it should and i do see the 10.6.8 software update option available for download, but when i click the button to download it, the software update disappears from the desktop and goes straight to the navigation bar at the bottom. I see the icon there but clicking it does nothing, i can not see how much progress it's made, nothing... I've left it running like this for several hours to no avail. I've tried restarting the machine and all that, but same thing happens. Id really like to upgrade but cant seem to find out how.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
It could be an issue with one of the cache's/db settings. I was having a similar issue trying to update the iLife programs. Try downloading this app called Mainentance
Download Maintenance for Mac - OS X maintenance utility. MacUpdate.com

Try running this- you will have to reboot at the end, but for me after it was done Apple Update started working properly again.

OP
D
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.