Pop-up dictionary in Lion

Reaction score
I've got the pop-up dictionary working in Lion in both Safari and Email, but I can't get it to work in Preview, which is really the only place I need it. Can anyone confirm that this does indeed work in Preview by trying it on a document? I'd be pretty sad if this didn't work throughout Mac's main programs.

To try, just use three fingers to tap on a word in Safari or Mail (where I know it works). Then open a document in Preview and try it again. Just let me know if you get a pop-up. Or, alternately, you could press Control-Command-D while hovering over a word, then release to see the pop-up.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Why are you opening documents in Preview?
If they are .doc files, use MS Office for Mac if you have it, or these apps are free -> OpenOffice, LibreOffice, NeoOffice.
If they are RTF files, open them with Text Edit. Dictionary works in all these other apps I've mentioned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.