Safari bit of a strange one

Reaction score
wasnt sure where to post on safari.

when I go to a forum and try to copy and paste a quote using the quote tags, I click on the quote tags, and they come up like they should
but when I go to paste my copied quote into the middle of the tags, it always deletes the [ from the end tag like this
wasnt sure where to post on safari/QUOTE]
you see it has deleted the [ in the last tag.

also, when I go to post a url under my post, on the next line, I hit enter to take the cursor down to the next line as you do, I then paste the url, but it always sticks it onto the end of my last sentence.

so now I will hit enter so that the cursor is below this sentence then I will post a urlhttp://www.mac-forums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=25

you see what it has done, but the cursor was on the line underneath when I pasted the link ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
wasnt sure where to post on safari.
Well, probably OSX - Applications and Games

As for your issues, I don't do it that way, so I'm just offering what I think I'd try next in your situation. Have you tried an extra space (between the ][ symbols) or a double-space (with the return key) to see if that makes a difference?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you capturing a "dangling" space or a return at the end of what you copy?

I'm grasping air for an explanation!

OP
N
Reaction score
no, straight after the last letter, I asked the same question on one of the big car forums I go on, and one other person replied with the same problem with his,
no biggy, just a bit strange really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How are you doing Copy and Paste? (especially Paste) ...from the keyboard or the Menu? If not both, try the other way. Does that make a difference?

sorry if that is suggesting the obvious :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.