Two issues when upgrading to Lion

Reaction score
I just upgraded to Lion and had the following issues that I can't find how to resolve:

Mac HD Icon and drive missing from desktop and finder. The drive shows in drive utilities, but not on the desktop or in finder.

Mouse gestures are now reversed. I used to drag my finger down to scroll down the page, now its reversed.

Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. It's very much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz c2d, 180gb vertex 2 ssd, 4gb ram
Trackpad:
System preferences - Trackpad - Scroll and Zoom- Scroll Direction - natural is like iOS - After using developer preview 1, I actually went and paid for shareware to get my scrolling reversed in snow leopard because it is more natural.

Mac HD
Finder - Preferences - Show these items on desktop (check HDDs)

Reaction score
I just upgraded to Lion and had the following issues that I can't find how to resolve:

Mouse gestures are now reversed. I used to drag my finger down to scroll down the page, now its reversed.

Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. It's very much appreciated.

GO to system preferences - trackpad - and uncheck scroll direction natural

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz c2d, 180gb vertex 2 ssd, 4gb ram
Also you've probably noticed that your open apps don't have indicator lights under them on the dock... that's in dock preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
My understanding is the scroll is reversed...That's the function I believe...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
For the first, open Finder->Preferences and make sure under the General tab that all four options are checked - Hard disks, external disks, CDs and servers.

For the other, the fastest way I've found is to open a Finder window, and then press Command-UpArrow until you've reached the top, then drag the hard drive icon to the navigation list on the left.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks!

Got the issues resolved. Thanks so much for your quick response.

I'm sure the Idiots guide to the Mac was developed just for me. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.