Thunderbolt Multi-Drive caddy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Or am I just dreaming? :Oops:

I want to put 6 drives in 1 caddy and manage them independently, don't need any of this RAID nonsense. Do even make Thunderbolt or Firewire versions of these?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
OWC sells a device into which you can hot plug any 3.5 or 2.5 hard drive with firewire, esata and usb connections, but it is one drive at a time and I don't know if that is what you are looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Wow, JBOD? I'm curious as to why. Even if you don't want redundancy striping across those disks would just make it one big disk. Not really fault tolerant, but...

If you want individual disks, you can always daisy chain btw.

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
I know the type you're talking about, I have a USB version.

I have 2x 2TB USB external drives hooked up to my Mac Mini to hold 4TB of data, then I have another 2x 2TB bare SATA drives to back those up to using that SATA - USB adapter.

But I'm just thinking, considering all the naff tech products that make it out there, howcome no one has come up with an affordable 4-bay firewire enclosure? I just think its really untidy and annoying having to use 4 power supplies and 4 USB ports when I could use 1 4-bay enclosure, 1 power supply, and 1 Firewire or Thunderbolt port

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.