Lion install hanging on reboot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Air 16GB 1TB SSD
During the update, the install tried to reboot my MBP. All apps closed, the doc is gone. All that remains is my wall paper.

I've been looking at the wallpaper for about 20 minutes.

Should I force a reboot?
Thanks

OP
MontyMo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After about 45 minutes I pushed the power button.Lion is now installing again. I'll keep you posted

OP
MontyMo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lion is nicely installed!
COOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz c2d, 180gb vertex 2 ssd, 4gb ram
*whew* good! glad you dodged a bullet there!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
After about 45 minutes I pushed the power button.Lion is now installing again. I'll keep you posted

Is that part of the normal install process?

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yep, life is good!
Now about that scrolling in the opposite direction :)

keep it and add inertial scrolling (under universal access trackpad options). you'll grow to like it. it took me about 5 minutes to realize how much better it is haha

OP
MontyMo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
keep it and add inertial scrolling (under universal access trackpad options). you'll grow to like it. it took me about 5 minutes to realize how much better it is haha

Oh yes, I'll get used to it (I'm almost there).
One question, I use Chrome, I used to be able to go back a page by swiping the fingers. THat doesn't appear to work.

OP
MontyMo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One question, I use Chrome, I used to be able to go back a page by swiping the fingers. THat doesn't appear to work.

Nuts!

Lion has new
back/forward gestures - Chrome is incompatible with these
Issue 78676 - chromium - OSX 10.7 Lion has new back/forward gestures - Chrome is incompatible with these - An open-source browser project to help move the web forward. - Google Project Hosting

I really need to google this stuff b/4 I post questions! :)

To enable three finger back and forward swiping simply go to the Magic Trackpad preferences and set "Swipe between Pages" to "Swipe left or right with three fingers".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Touch 4Gen 32Gb iMac 21'5 , 4GB memory, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz, 1 TB Hard Drive
If it's like the Magic Track Pad, "try " a three finger swipe to the left to go to the previous page or to the right to advance to the next page.

:shrug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I was a huge chrome user too, but full screen isn't as sleek as safari's is. yes, the back and forth gestures still work. You might just have to retick them in the system prefs to enable them. I don't know what the dude who responded below you is talking about. Chrome works just fine with 3 fingers back and forth and has since build 11a390 (developer preview 1). It used to not QUIT properly, but that's resolved now too.

[edit] that dude who replied below you was... you. haha. it might not work with the new ones, but it does work with good ole 3 fingers still!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.