How to manage apps ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
Hello folks,

I have downloaded many free apps out which many I have removed. There are about five windows containing apps etc but if consolidated can fit in maybe two or three windows. Now how do I shift apps to minimize the number of windows? Once again thanks for reading and helping out!

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
Anyone please let me know how to configure/manage apps ??

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You have two options..the easier one is to connect your iPad to the Mac and in iTunes select the iPad and go to the Apps tab on top. Now grab one app and find another similar one and drop it on top of it, that will create a Folder. Name that folder something that makes sense to you and then drop other similar apps in that folder. Continue this until you have all of your apps grouped into nice folders and then sync that to the iPad..boom..you're done..

The harder way of doing this to do the exact same task on the iPad itself..hold ANY app until they all start jiggling around, now drag and drop apps on top of each other to create a folder and drag other apps into that newly created folder. Drop any app on an other app to create a new folder..

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have two options..the easier one is to connect your iPad to the Mac and in iTunes select the iPad and go to the Apps tab on top. Now grab one app and find another similar one and drop it on top of it, that will create a Folder. Name that folder something that makes sense to you and then drop other similar apps in that folder. Continue this until you have all of your apps grouped into nice folders and then sync that to the iPad..boom..you're done..

The harder way of doing this to do the exact same task on the iPad itself..hold ANY app until they all start jiggling around, now drag and drop apps on top of each other to create a folder and drag other apps into that newly created folder. Drop any app on an other app to create a new folder..

Thanks razor edge, did not get a chance to do the easier way but did try in the iPad itself. Dragging and dropping apps on top of each other does create a folder but how do you drag different apps from multiple pages? That's just not happening?? Surely there must be a way to do it which I am missing out.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One you're in the jiggly mode, you can go between pages with the normal finger swipes.

As an example, if you've created a new folder on page 1 and you have an app on page 3 that you want to drag into this newly created folder, you would swipe left twice to get to the 3rd page, then press and hold the app on page 3 you want to move and start to move it to the left side of the screen, and you will be moved over to the 2nd page with the app being dragged in tow, continue to drag the app the left side of the screen again and you'll be on the 1st page.

Now, drop the app into the newly created folder and you're done. Repeat the procedure for other apps.

Once you've done this and then try the easier method in iTunes, you'll see how truly easy it is in iTunes..:)

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One you're in the jiggly mode, you can go between pages with the normal finger swipes.

As an example, if you've created a new folder on page 1 and you have an app on page 3 that you want to drag into this newly created folder, you would swipe left twice to get to the 3rd page, then press and hold the app on page 3 you want to move and start to move it to the left side of the screen, and you will be moved over to the 2nd page with the app being dragged in tow, continue to drag the app the left side of the screen again and you'll be on the 1st page.

Now, drop the app into the newly created folder and you're done. Repeat the procedure for other apps.

Once you've done this and then try the easier method in iTunes, you'll see how truly easy it is in iTunes..:)

Thanks Razoredge, as for now I'll do it using iPad. I am sure doing it through iTunes will be much easier, will do that eventually. Thanks....

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Razoredge, just wanted to convey that I've managed to configure my apps by creating different folders using the iPad. 5 minutes job done, thanks a lot for the know how... Screen looks so much organized.. Phew...

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad you got it all sorted..before Folders were introduced in iOS 4..I had about 10 pages of apps and had to constantly un-sync old ones to get new ones in..now i have about 3 pages of folders with countless apps..:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.