how to reconnect ipod after ejecting it in iTunes

G

gdestiny

this is a dumb question... but in iTunes, after i have ejected the ipod, how do i "reconnect" it? what i'm doing now is, i unplug and plug back the USB connector. but there's gotta an easy way to do it, right?

Reaction score
That's what I do aswell. It can't be that hard to unlug and replug in the iPod. Just unplug it from the dock connection on the iPod itself rather than unplug the USB from your comp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
I do the same thing if I want to reconnect it. I was wondering the same as well. Is there another way to reconnect the iPod without having to unplug and re-pulg? Although, it isn't a big deal to have to re-plug. Its more of a curiosity thing. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I don't think there is any way to do it. When you "eject" a disk by dragging it to the trash or pushing the eject button on the screen, you essentially tell OSX to not recognize that disk anymore- so when you unplug it, OS doesn't care. When you plug it in, OS says "Oh, a new disk!" and the disk pops back up on your desktop.

Unless you're really good at system programming, I don't see any workaround that isn't going to take a lot of time and effort. Here's to the days when computers require zero muscular effort, but those days have yet to exist!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
sevenhelmet said:
I don't think there is any way to do it. When you "eject" a disk by dragging it to the trash or pushing the eject button on the screen, you essentially tell OSX to not recognize that disk anymore- so when you unplug it, OS doesn't care. When you plug it in, OS says "Oh, a new disk!" and the disk pops back up on your desktop.

Unless you're really good at system programming, I don't see any workaround that isn't going to take a lot of time and effort. Here's to the days when computers require zero muscular effort, but those days have yet to exist!
Good point.

OP
G

gdestiny

sevenhelmet said:

hmmm, i never thought about it that way. oh well, it's good to know that i'm not the only one having this "problem" then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.