Sync Apps from iTunes to iPhone without losing existing iPhone apps?

Reaction score
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but I do have a problem and here it is:

I have the current version of iTunes and the current software for my iPhone 3G and use a Macbook Pro. I downloaded the Google+ app from the App Store in iTunes since I can't find it in the App Store on my phone. I synced my iPhone to iTunes, but the Google+ app didn't transfer. So with my phone plugged in, I went to the device in iTunes and clicked on the Apps tab. It gives me an option to sync two new apps, but when I check the box to do so, I get this message: "Are you sure you want to sync apps? All existing apps and their data on the iPhone “Katie's iPhone” will be replaced with apps from this iTunes library."

I only have two apps in my iTunes library, and do NOT want to lose all the apps I've downloaded onto my phone. How do I get the apps from iTunes to my iPhone without deleting all my current apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Are you syncing to a different computer?

You could always try File -> transfer purchases from iPhone. That should put your iPhone apps onto iTunes - then you could sync everything back plus the google app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.