MBP external speaker static

Reaction score
I just got a MBP 2011 15 inch. Everytime i plug speakers and some headphones too into the headphone jack theres a constant static noise. I took it to the aple store and they said it was a bad ground connection or interference or something like that. The speakers work fine with everything else, including my friends 13 inch MBP. What would be making this static? I cant even listen to my speakers its so bad and i dont want to buy new speakers because these ones work fine but not with this mac. Is there some sort of adapter i could buy or is there a way to disable the soundcard?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Does it do it when its on battery or plugged in ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're getting static from headphones in addition to the external speakers, then there may be an audio problem with your new MBP. Take it back to the Apple store and speak with the service manager and ask him\her to swap it out for another. Since it's new there is no reason to have to put up with static.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.