• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Imovie 11 - File name appears on video

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
ive got to export about 30 movies for a client and when i export via Imovie 11,
all the videos display the file name for the first 3 seconds of the video.
how can i remove this?
ive looked all through preferences etc and have no idea
Thanks in advance.
Ken

Reaction score
iMovie title appears

This looks to be a major flaw. Why did anyone think it was a good idea? I'm re-loading the video back into FCP and will redo the title sequence. Mac - nice packaging, shame about the software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Never heard of that before. It's certainly never happened to me.

C

chas_m

This is not a feature in iMovie -- it's not even possible in fact without you manually adding this information.

Try checking the footage in another program (QuickTime Player, VLC etc). It could be that the camera burned that info on your footage (this would be a setting on the camera that can be turned off). If not, have a look at your Universal Access settings, you may be having an "overlay" come on (not on the actual footage) for identification purposes for those with disabilities.

Reaction score
Disable automatic content

Click on Window, Movie Properties, Settings, and finally make sure automatic content is deselected. This should ensure the file name does not appear in the first few seconds of the video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Hi Guys,
ive got to export about 30 movies for a client and when i export via Imovie 11,
all the videos display the file name for the first 3 seconds of the video.
how can i remove this?
ive looked all through preferences etc and have no idea
Thanks in advance.
Ken

Unless you put the name at the front of the movie yourself. It is QuickTime or VLC (or what ever video program your using) displaying the file name for the first few seconds. So unless you want to run to your clients house and turn off his settings. I wouldn't worry about it. Its not your doing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
This is not a feature in iMovie -- it's not even possible in fact without you manually adding this information.

Try checking the footage in another program (QuickTime Player, VLC etc). It could be that the camera burned that info on your footage (this would be a setting on the camera that can be turned off). If not, have a look at your Universal Access settings, you may be having an "overlay" come on (not on the actual footage) for identification purposes for those with disabilities.

Chas makes a point I overlooked. Check the raw footage and make sure the camera didn't burn in a filename or even a date stamp.. But being you mentioned only first 30 seconds, more then likely its just the media player you, he or she is using to display the file. All mine do it. Its annoying, but I dont bother changing it.

Reaction score
Click on Window, Movie Properties, Settings, and finally make sure automatic content is deselected. This should ensure the file name does not appear in the first few seconds of the video.

If you are using the VLC media player program:
you can right-click inside the video frame, then go to Tools/Preferences/Subtitles, then uncheck the "show media title on video start" box.

Reaction score
If you are using the VLC, you can turn this off: right-click inside the video frame, then go to Tools/Preferences/Subtitles, then uncheck the "show media title on video start" box.

ilndrox

Reaction score
So what if you WANT TO show the filenames? Is that possible? THANKS y'all!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.