Power Mac to Mac Pro Tower

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a new Power Mac tower. I currently use a Power Mac G5 with a 23" cinema display. I primarily use the Mac for photo editing.
My 23 " cinema display is the older version (acrylic not aluminum). It is still in perfect working order - no dead pixels, etc.
How can I make it work with the new Power Mac?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A new Power Mac tower? Are you referring to purchasing a new Mac Pro because that's quite different from an older Power Mac?

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry, yes...moving to a Mac Pro

From a power mac. I'd like to use my current cinema display.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My understanding is that you will need to purchase a special display adapter in order to use the older cinema display with your new Mac Pro. And if I remember correctly those special display adapters are not only hard to find but they're also expensive.

Here's one on Amazon.com. You're not going to like the price though. See this LINK.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My understanding is that you will need to purchase a special display adapter in order to use the older cinema display with your new Mac Pro. And if I remember correctly those special display adapters are not only hard to find but they're also expensive.

Totally agree. Sometimes the adapter can cost more than a brand new 22"-24" monitor.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.