Iphone 3Gs bluetooth question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
I am a very "low tech" person so this could be a really stupid question - I have an iPhone 3Gs. Tomorrow I am getting a new Toyota Prius III (2011) model that has "bluetooth connectivity for compatible wireless phones". Does anyone have any idea if my 3Gs will work with the system in the Prius? If it will work, are there settings I have to "set" on the iPhone? Thanks, Bill.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
Thanks!

OSXX,
Thanks for the reply - which had a link to instructions for setting up an iPhone to use via bluetooth in a Toyota Prius that has the navigation system. My Prius does not have the navigation system so the instructions don't work for me. The window sticker on the car says it is equipped to use with a smart phone through the factory installed JBL sound system. Several web sites indicate the 2011 Prius, without the navigation system, will work with the iPhone - I just can't figure out how to set it up. Of course I have turned bluetooth on - on my 3Gs but beyond that i am lost! Still, thanks for the time to reply to my initial inquiry!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Your iPhone 3Gs will absolutely work..once you get the Prius, look up the Bluetooth pairing information in the user manual..

The steps are usually the following:
1) On iPhone: Settings->Network->Bluetooth: Turn on and ensure it says discoverable
2) On the Car: Begin the pairing process, it will find the iPhone and maybe ask you to name it and then will ask you to enter a pin code.
3) On iPhone: You will be prompted to enter the pin code you spoke/entered into the car. Do so and you're paired.

Now you should be able to use the phone through whatever means available to you on the car..

This is what I did with my Acura TL..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.