2011 MPB and Dell U3011 30"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 3.4Ghz Core i7, 256GB ssd + 1TB hdd, 16GB memory, Radeon 6970m w/2GB
Anyone here running a Dell U3011 30" monitor with a MBP? I already have the monitor and a mini display port to full size display port cable.

I am wondering if all the features of the monitor will work.... like the 4 USB ports and 7 in 1 card reader that is built into it if I use the USB upstream port to the MBP

Reaction score
Good question, but im guessing not just from looking at the specs. It list's the OS that are supported and Mac OS X doesn't seem to be one, just Windows; It would most likely work if you were running a boot camp or parallels desktop. There is also a driver disc that is needed with this display but nowhere do i see it supports drivers for Mac OS X.

Don't take my word on this as i don't have it nor have i tested it, just going off of what I'm seeing. I'm sure you'll still be able to use it as a display, just not too sure about all the other functions.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as i too would love to know the correct answer.

GL!

OP
tommyxv
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 3.4Ghz Core i7, 256GB ssd + 1TB hdd, 16GB memory, Radeon 6970m w/2GB
Good News! I tested it and everything worked.

All USB ports and SD card slot on the Dell monitor worked flawlessly. And the mini display port to full size display port cable also works great. I'm glad I kept the Dell 30" and didn't downsize to the 27" Cinema display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.