iPad and Proxy Settings.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I work at a school, and recently we ordered 12 iPad 2's for managment to use.

We run a proxy server (Cachepilot to be precise). Now I've done a bit of testing and I've managed to hook the iPads up to our secure Wifi network and I've managed to manually configure each iPad to point to our proxy server.

There is one snag, however. Even though the Wifi settings point to our proxy server, there is nothing stopping each member of management from turning the proxy settings "off" and they are free to browse anything they wish (due to the absence of proxy settings).

Is there any way to restrict users from turning off proxy settings on an iPad in iOS? Or are there any apps out there that can help me achieve my goal?

Thanks all

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
These are all members of management and you don't trust them to make good choices about which web sites they visit? ;P

OP
$
Reaction score
These are all members of management and you don't trust them to make good choices about which web sites they visit? ;P

Haha, well, I work in a school where some teachers do like to walk on the razor's edge - one teacher gave kids a list of proxy sites to use not long ago!

As for management, you can't trust them no matter where you work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.