Using internet explorer on my Mac, do I have to ?

Reaction score
Hi , I have just got a new iMac(my first), which I am in love with! but I have one problem and its that I use One.com as my web hosts for a few websites I run and you can only open the editing part of their site on internet explorer. So what I want to know is can I install IE on my mac ? or is there any other way round it ?. I noticed their is a develop tab on the safari bar at the top but when I have clicked on IE it has not made any difference, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :Smirk:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There is no IE for Mac..you can try the User Agent change as you've done in Safari and other browsers and if websites are just looking for that to allow normal operation it'll work..if that doesn't work, you'll have to end up running Windows in a Virtual Machine or through Boot Camp to access a site..

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response, does running windows in a virtual machine etc have any drawbacks, will it slow the mac down or cause any problems i should think about ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If all you need is IE, you might consider Crossover. It'll run IE without the need for a full Windows environment. They have a free trial, and the base version is about $40 if I recall. We've used it for a few systems here and it's done the job well.

OP
E
Reaction score
Mmmm looks interesting, i have had a look at their website and might be what I need, thanks for your help ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.