Another iPod cannot connect to the server problem.

Reaction score
I have both an iPod and an iPhone. They're synced with my Mac at the office. At home, I have a PC based network. The wifi works fine in that they show up on both devices. However, I have the dreaded "Cannot connect to the server problem". The IP address for both devices are similar except for the last digit, so I'm assuming that they're working OK (but they could both not be working OK and the iPhone is running on it's own broadband connection rather than the home wifi - how do I check this?). The subnet masks and router addresses for both are exactly the same. ITunes is installed on the home PC but since I can only sync with one desktop, they're not synced.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this? I've reset the router but no joy. Most importantly, why is it that the wifi signal is showing if there is no connection?

Many thanks.

OP
brownpanda
Reaction score
Oops. The actual error message is even more weird: Cannot connect to the Store. Check your Date and Time settings. What am I supposed to be checking? What are the right settings? How do I go about righting them? What has Date and Time to do with connecting to the Store?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.